Steinbok are usually taken when a good one is spotted while hunting something else.
These small antelope are similar to the grysbok and the name 'steinbok' may also be found spelt as 'steenbok' or 'steinbuck'.
Where To Hunt A Steinbok
There are 2 separated steinbok ranges in Africa and technically 2 subspecies - Raphiceros campestris campestris in southern Africa and Raphiceros campestris neumanni in east Africa.
- So you can hunt a steinbok in Botswana, southern Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe in the southern African range.
- You can also hunt a steinbok in Tanzania in the east African range, on a 16 and 21 day licence.
Steinbok Hunting Prices (For Informative Use Only)
- In Botswana the steinbok trophy fee is between US$300 and US$450.
- The steinbok of Mozambique only occurs in the far south of the country and is not on any trophy lists.
- In Namibia the trophy fee for a steinbok ranges from US$250 to US$450.
- In South Africa the steinbok appears in many all-inclusive plains game package hunts. The trophy fee ranges from US$200 to US$325.
- In Zimbabwe there is quite a wide range of steinbok trophy prices - from US$250 up to US$850.
- In Tanzania the Government trophy fee for a steinbok is US$250. With additional Community Development/anti-poaching fees, the trophy fee will be between US$290 ans US$550.